LawInternships (Student of the Year) is an organization that provides internship opportunities in the field of law primarily to the students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate programs. We assist in providing opportunities for gaining professional experience as well as improving legal skills while being enrolled in a full-time law program. The objective is to prepare students for the real world by imparting practical exposure and relevant skills through legal internships. We as an organization are proud of having a team of young, dynamic and competent members having their educational credentials from top law schools across the country.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION:
On the occasion of World Student’s Day, LI Groups of Foundation and LawInternships is organizing its 1st and one of its kind Student of the year Competition, 2020, a comprehensive process specifically curated to evaluate each law student solely on the basis of their caliber and buildout. This competition aims at giving due credit to the student for its academic and non-academic excellence in the fields where they have left their mark.
STUDENT OF THE YEAR – GRAND PRIZE
The Student of the Year – Grand Prize is awarded to the undergraduate LLB program top all-rounder student who has excelled in different areas specifically in the field of law and stands out as an example for other young people in India. We look for consistently good academic results plus a meaningful contribution through extra-curricular activities to the legal community, which show how hard work, commitment and introspection can make a lasting difference.
- This Student of the Year competition is open for undergraduate students enrolled with a UGC recognized law college/university at present.
- The student should not have failed/ reappeared in any subject in the University Examination during the course.
- The student should not be involved in any disciplinary case throughout the stay in the institute.
1. Well drafted CV.
2. An essay titled “ Reasons for my win”
- The language of the CV and Essay should necessarily be restricted to English.
- Word limit of the essay – 300 words.
- Format- The submission of the Essay should be made in MS Word/ doc/Docx and PDF format. Both formats must be attached in the google form. The submissions must be in Times New Roman, Size 12 with 1.5 Line Spacing.
- The Essay and CV must include: Name, College Name, Email Address and Phone Number otherwise the submission shall be discarded.
The following weighting will be given to nominee’s (Student of the Year) achievements:
|1.||College Exam Result (Cumulative of semesters in which student has appeared)||15 marks|
|2.||Academic awards & other forms of recognition (eg, Moot Courts, Paper Publication, Paper Presentation, Debates||20 marks|
|3.||Non-academic awards & other forms of recognition (Sports, Cultural Events, others)||20 marks|
|4.||Community service (NSS, NCC, Ngo)||20 marks|
|5.||Organizational activities||15 marks|
|Release of Google Form||9th October,2020|
|Inaugural Ceremony||15th October 04:00 PM IST.|
|Last Date of Registration||1st November, 2020|
|Results||14th November, 2020|
Notwithstanding, any other rule, following are the penalties which could be levied on participants on grounds of proven misconduct in any manner, whatsoever:
1. If the student fails to mention all the required details in their submissions, the Organizing Committee reserves right to discard the submission.
2. If the Organizing Committee finds any discrepancy in any submission, the OC reserves the right to discard the submission.
1. Cash Prize: INR 3000/-
2. Internship Opportunity to the Winner (Student of the Year)
3. Physical Trophy and Certificate
Upon making the submission, the student declares that any information disclosed in the CV is accurate and true to the best of his/her knowledge and belief.
Decision of the Organizing Committee shall be binding in interpretation of any rule or for any query or otherwise.
It’s free of cost for the law students.
- Divya Jain: +91 9148920662
- Ridhi Jindal: +91 9316436282
- Mansi Shrivastava: +91 6265326987
- Harshita Khare: +91 8770412622
- R. Abhishake Castro: +91 9080886304
- Sajal Khare: +91 7737806244
The participants may also direct their queries and requests for information to Organising Committee at our official mail ID: